Special Occasion Cakes F.A.Q'S
All custom cake prices includes basic art work borders and message.
These cakes are four layers high, with three layers of fillings.
How much are your cakes?
- Since every cake is unique and custom-designed, there is no set ‘price list’. The size, shape, flavors, fillings, complexity and amount of detail will determine the final cost of your cake. Please keep in mind that however small your cake project order may be, I spend the utmost attention and detail in the planning, baking and decorating of even the simplest of orders, and have never completed a project in just one day. Please feel free to contact me for a obligation-free quote. All orders are subject to my availability and I carefully limit the number of bookings to ensure high quality products.
The size of your cake will be determined by the number of guests you wish to serve, and what size portions you intend on serving. This table serves as a guide ONLY for my 4” high cakes sliced into 1” x 2” pieces. Please be aware that if slices are cut larger, you will yield less from each cake.
Small to Medium One Tier Round
8″ = 24 servings
9" = 32 servings
Mini Two Tiered Round
4" - 6" = 18 servings
Small Two Tiered Round
5" - 7" = 24 servings
Medium Two Tiered Round
5" - 8" = 32 servings
6″ - 8″ = 36 servings
6″ - 9″ = 44 servings
Large Three- Tiered Round
4" - 6" - 8" = 42 servings
5" - 7" - 9" = 56 servings
6″ - 8″ - 10″ = 75 servings
Shaped/Sculpted 3D Cakes - start at $250.00
Cupcakes - $3.50 each. Minimum order of 2 doz. Decorations may require additional charge.
6" Round Topper Cake - $35
6" Square Topper Cake - $45
How far in advance should I place my order?
- If possible, we ask that you give us at least 2 to 3 weeks notice on all specialty cake orders including Cupcakes. Please don't wait until two days before you need a cake to contact us. We cannot “work magic” like you see on television shows.
Do you have cakes ready for same day pick-up?
- No, I do not have a pre-made cake for sale. All our work is customized and pre-ordered.
Do you only make cakes like those posted in your gallery?
- No, just because there is no example in our gallery doesn't mean it can't be done. Just let me know what you are interested in and I will let you know if I can do it.
Why do your cakes cost more than a grocery store cake?
- Unlike most grocery stores, I bake, ice, decorate, and clean up for every cake I create. I make all of my cakes, icings and most of my fillings from scratch. I need to shop for and purchase ingredients and equipment as needed for every cake ordered. In addition, there are the expenses of utilities, fees, advertising, etc. At a minimum, I spend five hours completing even the simplest cake. Long story short, that all adds up.
Do you offer cake tastings and consultations?
- Design/Tasting appointments are held for most, but not all, cake orders. If your cake order is for 100 servings or more we will be happy to schedule a tasting and consultation. Cost is $65.00 and include a 3 choices of cake flavors and 3 choices of fillings. Cake tasting fee must be paid at least 1 week or before your scheduled cake consultation/tasting date. If the order is placed within one week the tasting fee is applied toward the order. Making the tasting FREE if you choose to order with Milly's Sweet Creations.
How should I transport my cake?
- We recommend that you place your cake on the floorboard or flat surface in your car or SUV. A cake will incur damages of some type if it is on the seat of your car. Human laps are not recommended either. You should also be mindful that you have a cake in the car, so no sharp turns or sudden braking!
Do you deliver?
- Yes! We deliver. Our delivery prices for Special Occasion Cakes are as follows:
Delivery only on Saturdays 10am - 5pm
$15 - (Joshua/Burleson/Crowley area.)
$25 - (Hulen/ Weatherford/Arlington and Mansfield area)
*** Prices are subject to change without prior notice. ***
WHAT'S YOUR PAYMENT POLICY?
Special Occasion Cakes:
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time the cake order is placed.
We do not hold dates and your order is not confirmed until we have received your 50% non-refundable deposit.
The remainder is due at least two weeks prior to your event or at the time of pick up or delivery.
Please note that we do not accept checks as a form of payment for the day of pickup or delivery.
- If an order is cancelled, all payments and deposits are non-refundable. All sales are final.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide an appropriate means of transporting the cakes, if the cakes are being picked up. Milly's Sweet Creations is not responsible for any damage done to a cake during transport once the cake has been picked up. Cakes need to sit level, we DO NOT recommend setting it on a car seat. Make sure you have a clear, flat spot in your vehicle for transportation and we will be happy to load your cake in your car for you. Please remember that you will be the one responsible for ensuring the cake safely reaches its destination. Plan to have a nice level space to place the cake. Upon pick up, a release disclaimer will be given.
Sign Off During Pick-Up:
- The person whom picks up the cake must “sign-off” at the time of release. That person is solely responsible for delivery.
Form of Payment:
- We accept Cash, Money order or Check.
Paying with a Personal Check:
- If your check is not honored by the bank for any reason, Milly's Sweet Creations is not responsible for providing any services until all payments are made.